Thursday, June 6, 2013

Work Essentials

Hi everyone! In this sunny month of June, I wanted to share to you the serious part of me--my work life! How diligent I was at school (was I? hehe!), is how  serious I am at work, uhmmm, i think, hehehe! For those who do not know, I work as a Registered Nurse, and so proud to be one. RNs provide and coordinate patient care, educate patients and public about various health conditions, and provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members.

Now, I am gonna share to you my work essentials--what I cannot live without to work effectively.

(Left Picture) Me, in my scrubs; (Right Picture) Stethoscope, flashlight, hi-lighter

It is a must at work to wear uniform. At work, we are allowed to wear any medical scrubs of any color and design. Getting scrubs here in US of my size is difficult (I'm stubby, nyahaha!), so I got mine made and tailored at Bracky's Tailorings of Tagbilaran City, Bohol. 

Stethoscope is a nurse's bestfriend. It is an acoustic medical device for auscultation, or listening to the internal sounds of an animal or human body. It is used to listen to lungs and heart sounds. My stethoscope was given to me by my hubby and has been with me for 3 years now and still working excellent.

Another thing I cannot live without is my medical flashlight and scissors. The flashlight gives me the exact amount of light I need to inspect eyes and other nooks and crannies of the body. The scissors on the other hand is very useful in cutting things that impedes air flow or something like that.

At work, we use computers for charting. In the hospital that I used to work, we  utilize 3 colors of pen (black, red and green) representing the different shifts - AM, PM and NOC. In my present work, we use 2 colors only, black and red, coincidentally, we only have 2 shifts - AM and NOC. But, my black pen is used for charting (if I have to write it) and the red pen is used for noting orders, highlighting allergies and other important infos. Hi-lighter works the same way as my red pen.



I cannot leave the house without my eye glasses or contacts on. I am blind without it.

My badge is another must-have. It identifies me as an employee and is very important for security purposes.

A girl have to have lip balm with her all the time, and I have mine perfect for a 12-hour shift--my Lush Honey Trap Lip Balm. This lip balm is organic. It is filled with toning sweet orange and cooling peppermint to soothe dry, chapped lips. Sweet!

I cannot go to work without my strength and confidence--my rosary and Sto. Nino. My rosary was given by the Salesians Sisters of St. John Bosco, where I live during my UP days. It helped me throughout my difficult university life and it gives me the confidence that I can make it through work too. My Sto. Nino was given by my hubby.  This is not only a devotion we both shared, but also shared with my parents. It just feels home having it with me the whole time.

A watch is a must too! Proper documentation needs right date and time of implementation of nursing care. Moreover, it makes me excited to see that it is time to go home! Whooppiieee!!! 

My personalized Nike Shocks! Love, love, love!

For a very hectic job, always on the go, always standing, you will need a dependable shoes.  Nike Shocks has always been a favorite of mine, also the Nike Air Maxx. But lately, I have been crazy with my Rebook Zigtech. It is very dependable, light, gives you a smoother stride, and the zigzag sole provides responsive cushioning for performance running and training. Just amazing!

My girl Pri! :)

If I need shoes for walking and running at work, I need a very dependable car to get me to work. And, I super love my Pri! Now that I have to travel 45 mins to an hour getting to work, a hybrid car is just practical. Not only does Pri (Toyota Prius Hybrid) get me to work safely, it lets me save in terms of gas.

No place like home!

Then lastly, but not the least, work will never be possible without a place to go home to--a place to sleep, eat, play and enjoy life other than work.

So, that is it! Let me know if I missed something out, or you think I missed something. Tell me you work essentials too... :)



Enjoy the day! Stay beautiful!











No comments: