Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pretty in Pink: Spring Makeup Tutorial

Hi lovelies! We are at the peak of spring time and a better way to enjoy it is with a makeup look with  a pop of color embodying the essence of the season - fun, alive  and radiant! So without further ado, let's keep calm and pink on! :)



First off... apply foundation to make a flawless canvass. I am using my True Match LUMI foundation in shade W5. This is my second time trying it on and so far I am liking it. I have a combination dry skin and this foundation does not cling on to my dry patches. Moreover, it has not break me out so that is a good sign. That pimple on my chin area is not due this foundation; that is because of junk food and stress at work, heheh! Anyway, this foundation gives a sheer to medium coverage and is lightweight.

Next, contour face using a highlight and a bronzer. For my highlight, I am using Elf Tone Correcting Concealer in shade light beige. I am using this concealer to hide my dark circles and other imperfections, and since this shade is lighter than my complexion, it will be great to us a a highlight as well.


I am using my all-time favorite Benefit's Hoola face powder as my bronzer and contour. This will bring back the warmth in your face and gives that illusion of slimmer face. apply it at the hallows of your cheek, at the temple area, at the hairline, sides of the nose and at the jawline. Make sure that everything is blended!


Next, set your concealer and foundation with your favorite powder. I am using Too Faced Primed and Poreless, which is my favorite. This will help your makeup to stay put and last longer.


Then, for the brows, I just outline mine and lightly applied Tarte's Amazonian Clay in taupe over it. My brows are a mess right now. I am trying to grow it for now and will have it reshape soon. :)



Now, to the eye makeup... I am using two palettes - Too Faced A La Mode eyes and Urban Decay's Naked 1 palette. I have the color used numbered so yo guys can follow how I applied it.


I first applied Naked shade (1) as my transition color at the crease of the eyes (picture - a). Next, I pat Monacco color (2) all over my lid stopping at the crease (picture - b). This color is highly pigmented and a little goes a long way. Then, go back to the transition color and blend it with the lid color so no harsh line will be obvious.  When all is blended and nice, apply color Cote d'Azur (3) at the outer V of the lids just to deepen the eyes. And then blend...


Then apply shade Riviera (4) to the inner corners of eyes and below brow area. Again, blend... Then apply your favorite eyeliner. I am using my Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner in Java to line my waterline both on the upper and lower lid.


Curl you lashes and apply your favorite mascara. I am using Benefit's They're Real Mascara, which is also one of my favorites. They volumes my lashes and makes them appear longer. 


To make our eyes stand out more, I used a blush that is subtle but brings warmth to your face - MAC's Warm Soul. This blush is amazing. It just looks pretty and natural on my face! :)

To finish my look, I used, of course, a pink lipstick (cool toned) from MAC in Lovelorn.


And whoalla! The finish look... 

I hope you like this look, as much as I like it. It is pretty and pink, what else can I say?! hehehe!



Be Pink and Stay Beautiful!






No comments: