Thursday, May 22, 2014

To Nude or Not to Nude?

Nude lips is a classic yet trendy beauty statement of our time. The barely-there lip color is just gorgeous on anyone and everyone. The thought of it may appear non-complex, but there is actually an art to pull it off (beautyblitz.com). One has to keep in mind that in order to look good wearing nude lipstick, think FUSE - right Formula, right Undertones, and wear it with Strong Eyes. 

Right formula means nude lipstick should never be matte or opaque (Nick Barose, beautyblitz.com). Nude lipsticks need to be sheer with slight sheen. Right undertones means one should consider own skin tones and undertones of lipsticks. The key is to make sure the color is not lighter than your skin tone. For fair skin, opt for pink or cool undertones; If you are tan or have darker skin, go for one with orange or warmer undertones. To pull off the whole look, it is a must to have strong eyes! Alway pair your nude lip with smokey eyes or a bold cat-eye.

Here are some of my favorite Nude lippies. I am medium skin-toned so you would see that most of my nude lipsticks have orangey, peachy undertone or pinks with warmer undertones.




First off is my inspiration of this blog - Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipstick in shade To Nude or Not to Nude. This lipstick is glossy, rich and balmy at the same time. Color is frosty rosy nude with brown undertone. It gives a sheer to medium coverage. Although, I feel like the sheen is too much for me, it actually looks nice. My problem with this lipstick is that it is not camera-friendly. My lips appears silvery on the camera, which I believe is because of the frost, but in person, it really looks nice. Also, like other glossy lipsticks, this does not stay long on the lips.




Milani lipstick in Shade #27 Dulce Caramelo is the exact color of my lips. Shade is a mauve nude color with gold shimmers, which give a  pearly finish. Coverage is sheer to medium. It is creamy and lightweight. Moreover, it is infused with Vitamins A, C and E, which is always a plus. Love it!




Up next is a make-up bag staple of mine - Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Liar. This is a pinky-brown nude color - warm, rosy, medium brown with a creamy and luminous finish. The creamy formulation can give from sheer to full coverage.  Color just glide on smoothly and evenly on lips and is buildable. I just love, love, love this lippy!




One of my all time favorite nude lipstick is from MAC in shade Jubilee. It is described as a pinky-nude lipstick, however, it appears peachy-nude on my lips. It has a lustre finish, just enough shine to make your lips look healthy. Jubilee is always my go-to lipstick when I cannot decide which one to wear. It works with a smokey eye or even neutral eyes. 




You guys know how much I love my YSL lipsticks, and this is of no exemption. YSL Rouge Volupte Shade #3 Ultimate Beige is just gorgeous! This color - mauve -taupe, would look beautiful on women of color, especially with medium tones. I absolutely love it! This has easily become a holy grail for me. It is creamy, pigmented, long lasting, moisturizing and packaging is to die for, hehehe! It gives a satin finish with sheer to full coverage. The only downside  to this is its price, but I would gladly do an overtime just for this, nyahahaha!




Another love of my life... Benefit Hydra-Smooth Lip Color in Nice n' Teasy. This is rosy nude lipstick with sheer finish. This is a perfect my-lips-but-better lipstick. Formula is creamy with some gloss to it and is super hydrating. What more can I say... I love it!




Ladies, meet my baby (hehehe!) ... Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait. One word: Perfection!!! I do not leave the house without this. I am terrified that it will ever be discontinued... Please no! I have repurchased this 3x already. This is a warm-toned peach pink color. Color is flattering. It gives a sheer to medium coverage. It may not be long lasting, but, I don't really care, haha! This is one of those lipsticks that you do not need a mirror to reapply. This will forever be my favorite! hehe!




So, what is your favorite nude lipstick? Let me know so I could try them too... Till next blog lovelies!

Stay beautiful!



1 comment:

Carmen Tadeo said...

One of my favorites is Jubilee. I just love it and even when I try to go for a different color I always end up picking that one lol.

Liked this Nude edition. I'm a nude color kind of girl lol.