Friday, March 7, 2014

I "Pink" I'm in Love

Spring time is coming! And I have been craving for colors that spring time can offer. What better way to start this season with the colors of universal love, tenderness and compassion--- Pink!

In color psychology, pink means unconditional love and nurturing. Pink, which is a combination of red and white, contains the need for action of red, helping it to achieve the potential success and insight offered by white. It is the passion and power of red softened with the purity, openness and completeness of white (www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com). Moreover, it gives the femininity feel, inspires romanticism, exudes intimacy and sweetness,  and has been a sign of hope. No wonder, this color has been a favorite of the many, not only for the ladies but also for the gents.

Speaking of favorites and pinks incorporated with the lipstick addict in me, I gathered my top seven pink lipsticks in my collection. So without further ado, here are the zeniths of my pink lippies.


First off, is Smashbox - Be Legendary Lipstick in  Posy Pink. This shade is a warm toned light pink making it flattering to ladies with warmer skin tone. It comes off like a peachy rose or pinkish nude lipstick but more on pink shade. This lipstick is on a pricey side but I tell you, it is all worth it! I love the formulation of this lipstick. It is creamy and highly pigmented. Its quality formulation includes Vitamin C and E. This glides on nicely on the lips leaving a smooth, sheen finish and is fairly long lasting as well. This is the perfect light pink shade that would compliment medium skin toned. So fab!


Up next is definitely the most expensive lipstick I have ever owned. My hubby gave this to me as a gift during our tour to South Korea. And I have two words to describe this lipstick - Glam Overload! This is the pinnacle of all my lipsticks, the YSL Rouge Voluptes. The packaging of this lipstick is ultimate luxury - gold tube with YSL logo on the base, with glass background on logo letting you peek through the color of the lipstick itself and the perfect gold lid that clicks into place. The formulation of the lipstick is great! These lippies are creamy, really pigmented, very moisturizing, has gorgeous smell and on top of that, it gives protection through SPF 15. I am so in love with this lipstick, if not for their price, I might have own all the color, hehe! Oh well, I own two shades of this lipstick and of course, both made it to my top pink lipsticks.

I have the shade #7, the Lingerie Pink. This shade is a lovely bright bubble gum pastel pink with a subtle warm undertone to it. This gives a creamy glossy finish. I use this color mostly when I do smokey eyes. This color may work to medium skin tones, but I believe this will absolutely look gorgeous in lighter complexion. This color is just sexy!


Another YSL Rouge Voluptes lipstick I have is in shade #8, the Fetish Pink. This shade is a vibrant blue-based pink with cooler undertones. For me, this is the perfect barbie pink. I super love this color!!! Even with just this lipstick on, you will look polished and seemed like you have spent hours in your vanity, hehe! Like all the YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick, this has a rich and creamy consistency that applies evenly and smoothly. So adorable!!!


Ofcourse, when it come to pinks, I just can't leave out MAC's Candy Yum-Yum. This shade is a neon blue-based pink with a matte finish. This color is definitely as show-stopper. This lipstick is creamy and applies opaquely. This is the longest lasting lipstick in my collection. It does stain your lips. What's amazing is that its formulation is not drying at all, as expected in matte lipsticks. This may not be wearable as an everyday lipstick, but one can definitely pull it off wearing it on spring season. Love! Love! Love!


Up next is a lipstick that has a packaging to die for. It is the Etoinette Crystal Shine Lips Lipstick of Etude House. Etude House is South Korean cosmetic brand owned by Amore Pacific that is the most famous beauty house in Asia. The Etoinette Crystal Shine Lips lipsticks are smooth with subtle shimmer encased in light pink tubes with princess-y gold detailing on both base and lid. The lipstick itself has an embossed Etude House logo. Very pretty!!! Formulation of this lipstick is good. It is moisturizing and gives a pearlized finish. It also has a subtle floral scent to it. First application may not give you the color coverage you want but it is definitely buildable. Due to its slick texture, staying power is not that great, but then, I do not mind re-applying this lipstick in public (yes! in public) due to its adorable packing, hehehe! I have four shades of this lipstick. The shade PPK003, which is a light rose pink, is my favorite. It is almost the same as the Smashbox's Posy Pink, but this one has more shimmer to it.


I recently discovered Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick and has quickly become a favorite of mine. Not only were they affordable, but their quality is comparable to Revlon's Lip Butter and Urban Decay's Revolution Lipstick. I went crazy over these lipsticks and bought all the colors I can see in the shelf in Walmart, hihihi! Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks are very pigmented and highly moisturizing. It is formulated to reduce lip dryness with vitamins A, C and E. It is very creamy, colors are vibrant and is simply beautiful. It comes in a purple colored  squared tube with its logo is engraved at the lid.

The shade that is worth mentioning is Rimmel's Back to Fuchsia. Hands down, the most gorgeous shade of pink that everyone can wear, everyday, all-season! I'm in love!


Pink Chic is another shade I love. This color is blue-based light pink. Even with its cool undertone, it still looks good on warmer complexion. There is something in this color that exudes playfulness. And I like how this color makes me feel happy even by just looking at it, hehe! Believe me, I  am attached to this color. This, for me, is a perfect spring lipstick!


Ok lovelies, this is pink overload! heheh! I hope you had a great time reading my blog. Tell me what you think. What is your favorite pink lipstick? :) 


Think pink and stay beautiful!








No comments: