Thursday, January 23, 2014

Simply Blushful

Happe New Year beautiful!

As promised, I am posting reviews for my pretty blushes!!! I was never a fan of blushes, but when I tried Milani Baked Powder Blushes, I am obsessed! These blushes have easily become one my holy grails in make up. Colors are fabulous with good lasting power, texture is sensorial and the powder is considerably light and finely milled. It is so easy to use, very blendable and very affordable. In this post you will see swatches of these blushes, how they  look on me and my thoughts about. So, without further ado, lets blush!


Milani Baked Blushes come in gold packaging. It is made out of plastic making it light-weight, but could be bulky at times making it not travel-friendly. The blush can be seen through the transparent lid and when you open it, you can see a brush encased at the bottom compartment along with a mirror. I am not a fan of their brushes though, it is scratchy and of poor quality.


Ok ladies, believe the hype! Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso is simply gorgeous! It is true, it is universally-flattering. This is my most-used blush. When I cannot figure out which blush to use, I always end up reaching to this. It is a peachy color with a subtle sheen to it giving a sheer glow to the skin - luminous it is! Trust me, my picture does not do any justice at all, hehe! 


Another favorite blush of mine is the Milani Baked Blush in Corralina. Corallina is a beautiful coral shade with white and gold shimmer. This blush is super pigmented; you will need a light hand to apply this. One swipe is all you need! This is an intensified Luminoso - brighter peachy-coral color and more glitter. I find this color flattering on medium to darker skin tone. May work on lighter skin tone but has to be careful not to look orangey. One thing to be careful with this too, is the presence of the glitter. Some glitter may set on your pores making it humongous, so just make sure it is blended well and buff out the chunky glitters. 


Up next is my Milani Baked Blush in Red Vino. As the name suggested, it rich rosy-red color with gold sparkle and sheen to it. This blush is heavily pigmented! You need just half a swipe and it is enough. I rarely use this blush, just because I still have not mastered way to apply this and use this. I was trying to just tap the color on my cheeks and still it looks too much (see below! lol!)


Surprise, surprise! Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore is my new love! Off from the rack, I thought this color will not be flattering at all with the lilac color peeking through intimidating me. Girl, I am wrong! Berry Amore is a golden mauve pink with heavy shimmer. It gives that luminosity that Luminoso gives but in dusty lilac-pink color with intensified sheen. I love it! I feel that this blush will flatter all skin tones also. This color just blend out dreamy!


Another beautiful blush perfectly made by Milani is the Baked Blush in Rose D'Oro. It is described as pink and gold blush with shimmer. Applying it on me, it appears peachy-pink with gold shimmer. I love this color too, a beautiful everyday blush. Shimmer is not overpowering the color. When blended out well, golden shimmer would appear sheer.


Lastly, but definitely not the least, is the Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink. Another stunning color! It is a pink blush with silvery shimmer. I am not that a fan of pink blushes, just because I feel like peachy shades flatter me more, but not this one. If lightly applied, it appears like my natural blushing color. Love! Love! Love!


Obviously, I LOVE these blushes! I enjoyed the colors and I highly recommend it. If you are looking for quality-highlighting-gorgeous-super-pigmented-gives-you-healthy-glow blushes, then you are on the right page! 

Stay beautiful!



No comments: